Change background image

10th Annual Victorian Gathering - O'Tooles Flat - 2017

Discussion in 'Victoria' started by Annual Vic Gathering, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Grey Ghost

Grey Ghost 4x4 Earth Contributer

Usually they are better behaved......

2. Chatty

Chatty Well-Known Member

Sorry to say, but for the first time since joining Earth, Trish and I won't be at O'Tooles this year.
    Trish has to have (another) operation on her leg on Thursday 16th - and she won't be up to travel for anything from a few days to a few weeks - depending on what they have to do.

Enjoy the gathering all - we'll be thinking of you!

3. Grey Ghost

Bugger, we were looking forwarss to catching up with you guys again, but health comes first so best wishes and hope it all works out ok guys.

Madlandy likes this.
  4. Coxy

Coxy 4x4 Earth Contributer

Sorry to hear that, best wishes to trish for the op and recovery

5. Madlandy

Madlandy Active Member

:D not long now....

6. Chatty

Chatty Well-Known Member

Trish is really ticked off - she has been really looking forward to O'Tooles and then the surgeon told her on Wednesday about having to have the operation immediately.

7. Ollie E

Ollie E New Member

Time to buy a tent.. Havent been out much but intend to over the summer and starting at o tools next week.. 2 adults 2 kids 10 and 4, what do you guys suggest i look at or could recommend?

Thanks in advance...

Madlandy likes this.
  8. mac_man_luke

mac_man_luke Well-Known Member

Oztent or blackwolf

9. Chatty

Chatty Well-Known Member

Blackwolf

10. discomatt

discomatt Well-Known Member

Blackwolf, they are a great tent

11. Outback76

Outback76 New Member

Unfortunately I have to pull out of the gathering, I start my new job on Monday and it would kinda bad if I took most of my first week off.

12. Chatty

Chatty Well-Known Member

Feeling your pain :(

13. Nickj

Nickj 4x4 Earth Contributer

All the best for Trish's recovery Chatty. Catch up another time. Wont be the same without you guys.
    Nick

14. Grey Ghost

Well, it's a beautiful day up here today, tracks are clear, sun's out what more could you want?

Attached Files:

15. Grey Ghost

16. Ryno_racer

Ryno_racer Member

Went up to Little O'Tooles Sat Night, very dusty up there currently, quite a few ruts on tracks so take
    it slow if towing.
    River crossing currently rather low. Took the track up the Hill from Merringtons cam turn off, very rutted at one spot, bottomed out had to winch lol
    Also remember to thoroughly close rear tailgates, mine popped open unnoticed for a bit and deposited camping gear along the track :D
    20171112_112731.jpg 20171112_115947.jpg

Attached Files:

Spooner and Robs_80 like this.
  17. Jarmore

Jarmore New Member

First time attending the event but definitely excited to be meeting everyone and checking out the grouse fourbies. Bringing 2 big ol 60s including my own. See you all there! :)

18. Madlandy

Madlandy Active Member

IMG_9816.jpg
    oztrail with the aftermarket 9kg gasbottle pot belly is the only way to fly. :)

Attached Files:

Ollie E likes this.
  19. Alby123

Alby123 Active Member

Hi folks unfortunately I and Jo won't be able to join everyone at the Gathering at O'Tooles Flat. We recently lost one of our much loved pets, the fridge in the van decided not to work anymore ; and if that wasn't enough I was checking the Patrol for this trip I found that the electric diff lock didn't work due to the wires coming out of the front diff were broken. Just a minor job disassemble the front hubs, the axles and the diff to replace the broken wires.
    This really should not have happened as if it had been installed properly regarding the installation of the wiring length , which would mean that the wires had they been longer the electric diff lock would still be functioning.
    Anyway enough of that we will catch up with everyone next year.

20. webbzee

webbzee New Member

late notice - but registration done

Ryno_racer likes this.